Geographic Information & Related Structures
Hamah, Syria, Asia
|retained water volume||71 000 000 m3|
|4 June 2002||
After cracks are noticed in the dam around mid-day, evacuation of the downstream villages is begun. At 15:40 the dam collapses causing a flood wave killing at least 20 people.
Currently there is no information available about persons or companies having participated in this project.
Relevant Web Sites
- BBC: Arrests follow Syria dam burst (12 June 2002)
- BBC: In pictures: Syria dam disaster (05 June 2002)
- BBC: Syria aid appeal after dam bursts (05.06.2002)
- BBC: Syrian dam collapses (04 June 2002)
- CNN: 10 killed as Syrian dam bursts (5 June 2002)
- Visible Earth: Flooding Caused by the Collapse of the Zeyzoun Dam, Syria
There is no relevant literature listed in the database.