DYWIDAG External Tendons
DYWIDAG External Tendons are used during the construction of large bridges, especially in the case of box girder bridges. Another field of application of external post-tensioning is the reinforcement and strengthening of existing bridges.
The Principle:DYWIDAG External Tendons are used for large bridges, especially for box girder bridges. The tendons inside the ducts run “externally” inside the hollow space located at the center of the concrete box girder. Thanks to their excellent load capacity, they can be used safely, easily and economically in post-tensioned structures.
DYWIDAG Tendons consist of a variable number of single strands and can thus be adapted flexibly to requirements and conditions on site.
When reinforcing or strengthening existing bridge structures, External Tendons employ additional end anchorages and run over cradles, thus providing the necessary increase in tensile force.
The strands consisting of 7 individual cold-drawn wires are secured in the anchorages by threepart wedges that transfer the tensioning force safely into the concrete. Due to their composition consisting of first-grade materials, DYWIDAG External Tendons are extremely resistant and efficient. In addition, they offer superior corrosion protection, thus insuring longevity.
- DYWIDAG External Tendons are available in tendon sizes between 3 and 37 strands
- Common steel grades are St 1770/1860 (Grade 250/270)
- Fast and reliable supply according to our principle
“Local Presence-Global Competence“
- Competent staff can be made available on site at any time
- Our systems comply with international specifications and recommendations (Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), British Standard (BS), fédération internationale du béton (fib), European Organisation for Technical Approvals (EOTA), etc.)
- Permanent quality inspections – external as well as internal – insure the safety and reliability of our systems
- DYWIDAG -Systems International is an accredited market leader and system supplier for high quality post-tensioning systems
- For installing post-tensioning systems, DSI offers comprehensive equipment such as uncoiling cages and pushers, hydraulic jacks, mixing units with grout pumps, hydraulic pumps as well as test equipment for quality assurance
- As an additional service, DSI offers professional support during installation worldwide
Venaco, Haute-Corse (2B), Corsica, France, Europe (1999)
Santarém, Santarém, Portugal, Europe (2000)
Dresden, Saxony, Germany, Europe (2004)
Walburg, Hessisch Lichtenau, Werra-Meißner-Kreis, Hesse, Germany, Europe (2003)
Similar Products & Services